Friday, March 15, 2013

To Be or Not To Be a Diva: Work

My thoughts on Divas, Christianity, Women and Girls:

So, my first point (and they're in no particular order) is... WORK.  That's the first thing that I thought of in regards to battling developing Divahood!  Our Blossoms need to learn to work and to work regularly and excellently, as to Jesus.  Laziness has no place in a Godly young woman!  1 Thessalonians 4:11 discusses what is almost a foreign concept to young women today. 

"And to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands, just as we commanded you."

Maybe a young lady wouldn't have nearly so much time to think vainly and excessively about herself, if she were busy helping to keep the household running smoothly.  I'm working on teaching the Blossoms to pull their share in this household.  If ever they talk in their sleep, I'm convinced they might say something like, "Many hands make work light."  or "If you don't work, you don't eat."  (This is something, by the way, that my parents said often to me, which was highly motivating, as I had a voracious appetite.)  Work is good.  Work is Godly.  Work is healthy.  So, we're just gonna keep teaching our Blossoms to work.  By God's grace, may it profit them much.