Monday, August 19, 2013

Just one more thing about Baby-Wearing

Some people are anti-baby-wearing.  I almost can't fathom it.  Really?  You'd actually argue the idea of a baby being close to its mother for longer periods of time?  (Horror of horrors, the child might actually become ATTACHED TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!)  Sarcasm...  Sorry.  Onward... I've got loads of reasons why baby-wearing ROCKS, but here's one of my most favorite reasons for wearing babies. 

They just sync better.  They sync quicker.  They fall in line with our home routine more quickly.  And, it helps them stay in that routine.  I once heard the argument that worn babies don't sleep at night.  I turned it over in my head and thought it through, eventually realizing that it usually comes from the working mother camp.  It helped me to be more understanding when I realized that yes, someone might experience that phenomenon if they were only wearing their baby from 6pm-9pm at night with a baby that lived daytime hours in a helter-skelter daycare.  That is NOT what I'm talking about.  What I am referring to is baby-wearing regularly during the day.  At home.  During normal daytime life.  I find the precious bundles to be happier, more content and more in the rhythm of our Beautiful Bountiful Blossom existence.  It's one of my favorite ways to promote more WITH.  And, you know how I feel about that.