Saturday, August 24, 2013

To Please or to Provoke

My rugged, mountain man husband and I are celebrating our 11th anniversary today.  We are very blessed to be happily married.  As I was reflecting on these blessed and beautiful years, my thoughts turned to share-able wisdom.  This is how I summed it up.  Lots of women will submit to their husband, as long as he flat-out puts his foot down about something.  It's the other little things that getcha though, I'm convinced of it.  I've always loved the verse that talks about how the married woman is concerned about pleasing her husband.  There's the key right there - PLEASING your husband.  I've discovered that I have the power to please him or provoke him in many, little everyday  things.  After 11 years, I know his preferences well and I am concerned with how I can please him.  It makes me sad when I hear women say that their husband doesn't like to have a lot of people over, but they do it anyway.  Their husband doesn't want them to go somewhere, but they do it anyway.  Their husband doesn't want them to spend the money, but they do it anyway.  Well, hurray for you - you didn't flat out disobey your husband.  (big time sarcasm) 

But you sure didn't please him. 

I do miss the mark sometimes, but I'm looking forward to many more years of being able to please my husband, even in the little thing.