Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Six Days, not Five Days

American mentalities creep in to Christian families.  Some are good.  You know, the independent-I-can-work-hard-and-make-something-out-of-nothing mentality.  Not all of them leave the warm fuzzies on my shoulder though.  I noticed one that reared its ugly head in our Beautiful Bountiful Blossom Bunch recently.  It was the... <drum roll please> live-for-the-weekend mentality.  Oh no.  So not happening here.  We were doing the index card chore list that has become a staple in work ethic training here.  And somebody (who shall remain nameless) was having an attitude attack regarding the rather innocent looking list.  You know the line, "Why do I have to work?  I want to play.  It's SATURDAY. <insert whiny voice here>"  Yep, Daddy was on that in a heartbeat. 

"Six days thou shalt work.  SIX DAYS.  Not five. 
SUNDAY is rest day, not Saturday!" 

(Yes, he DID King James her.  Trust me, the situation was dire.  Some good medieval language was quite appropriate.)  Attitude adjusted.  Work ethic training resumed.  Mission Accomplished Daddy.