Wednesday, March 5, 2014

From Friends

I have interactions with many levels of friendships in my life.  From just-met acquaintances to known-you-all-your life bosom friends, I've been noticing that there's always something I can learn and glean from people.  My most recent gleanings have been accumulating inside my brain.  I thought you might like to be privy to them.

- You may be tired and not feel like it, but laugh anyway.  The moment you smile, you'll feel better. 

- Having a teaching degree isn't what qualifies a person to homeschool their children.  Being willing to make sacrifices for a wholesome, Godly education is the biggest qualifier for homeschooling one's children.

- With regards to curriculum, pick something and stick with it through the long haul.  It might not seem or feel like it's working, but with persistence, it is. 

- Shoot straight with people, even if it's your kids that are trying to deceive themselves. 

- Say what you think you really should say.  If you shouldn't say it, don't say it.  That way, you don't have to second guess yourself later. 

Many of my friends are not necessarily in the same season of life as I am.  I wanted to write down these nuggets of wisdom, so I can better remember them later.  Iron sharpens iron, after all.