Monday, March 3, 2014

5 Reasons I Want to be Like my Husband

The Rugged, Mountain Man's birthday was February 23rd. 
I had great intentions of writing this as the crowning touch to his special day.  Alas, dipping homemade Mr. Goodbars and whipping up my specialty, Raspberry Cheesecake may have taken up much of the time.  That, and the usual weekend catch-up chores. 
 
(Can you see who's the photographer of the family and who is not?)
 
But, I'd been thinking about the Rugged, Mountain Man's virtues and I realized,
 
I want to be more like my husband. 
 
He is patient.  I want to be more patient. 
 
He is consistent.  I want to be more consistent. 
 
He is thoughtful in how he cares for his Girlies.  I want to be more thoughtful. 
 
He is unapologetic about the things that matter.  I want to be less apologetic about those things too.
 
He is cautious about big decisions.  I want to be more cautious. 
 
So, Lord, make me more like my husband. 
 
I'll follow him as he follows Christ. 
 
 
(Photo Credit to Naomi Elle Photography)