Friday, March 27, 2015

What kind of Drama?

Thanks for joining me on a journey to evaluate our social media usage.  Does the Bible really have anything to say about this internet age and how it relates to me?  Read on to find out!

Do you know what you find on social media? 

Drama.

And it isn't real drama either.  It's first world drama.  It's the kind of problems that people who don't have survival problems have.  (I know this, as I have been to the "Armpit of the Philippines."  It was the poorest region of that country.  There were families living in huts as small as my bathroom.)

Maybe we should ask ourselves if the drama is legitimate.  I mean, Paul had drama. 


"…in far more labors, in far more imprisonments, beaten times without number, often in danger of death. Five times I received from the Jews thirty-nine lashes. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, a night and a day I have spent in the deep. I have been on frequent journeys, in dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my countrymen, dangers from the Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the wilderness, dangers on the sea, dangers among false brethren; I have been in labor and hardship, through many sleepless nights, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure. Apart from such external things, there is the daily pressure on me of concern for all the churches." 2 Corinthians 11:23-28

I was just wondering if this is the sort of thing you find on Facebook?  What's that?  It isn't?  Oh, that's right.  There's people telling each other off, showing off what they ate at the local restaurant or what they wore yesterday.  Oh yes and so-and-so doesn't like it and is mad and unfriended so-and-so.  

First world drama. 

We're Christians.  We've got bigger fish to fry. 

Leave the drama for the drama queens.  Our King needs us to be about His business.

Take a look at the rest of the series here:

- What does it make you think about?
- Are there too many words?

 - Are you reading gossip or gossiping?
- Is it slander?
- Is it unwholesome?
- Is it unfit for use God’s use?
- Is it foul, filthy or coarse?
- Does it grieve the Holy Spirit?
- Is it silly talk?
- Is it a word fitly spoken?
- Are you busy-bodying?
- Do you blab your good works?
- Are you wasting time or being idle?
- Is it first world drama?
 - Is it bad company?
- Is it the appropriate medium of communication?

- Is it promoting “WITH” for the best interests of my family?