Friday, January 17, 2014

Patience

I've heard it said that patience is waiting with character.  Lately, I've been thinking that patience is waiting with faith.  Believing that God is working, when you can see nothing.  And that's the thing that gets me.  So many times, I think nothing is happening.  I sink into frustration, only to find out later that God was indeed on the move.  It's like He wants me to know that the minute I pray, God is working.  I don't know all.  I don't see all.  But He does.  The girls and I were looking at Psalm 115.  It states that He is a help and shield to those who fear Him and trust Him.  I asked our girlies how God could help us.  Girlie #1 said that He'd give us wisdom.  Girlie #2 said that He'd help us to be patient and Girlie #3 said that He'd help us to be calm.  Their responses were surprisingly intuitive, in my opinion. 

He IS our Help and our Shield. 

And yes, He does help us in the wisdom, peace and patience area.  And that's what I need.  Help to wait.  Help to believe.  Help to trust. 

I think of that verse in the New Testament... the plea,

"Lord, I believe!  Help my unbelief!"

Get honest.  Get real with God.  Help me wait with faith, Lord... in every situation I find myself in.  I don't have to know all the behind-the-scenes things. 

I pray. 
I wait. 
The Lord works.