Monday, February 3, 2014

Nursing Tip

I feel very strongly in favor of breast-feeding.  I don't try to get all up in people's faces about it though.  Of course, if you ask my opinion, I think you know what you'll get.  So, lately, I remembered one of my favorite common-sense nursing tip.  Without going into my whole nursing philosophy, I thought I'd share this one simple tip with the nursing moms out there (or the soon to be nursing moms!) (That's my shout out to my friend, Red and my sister-in-law, the Hazel Eyed Girl) 

When your precious bundle wakes up from a nap, offer Mommy's "milkie" (as the Blossoms call it). 

Since they are usually more cuddly right after a nap, a baby may take in another nursing session!  I find this to be especially helpful for those busy babies that are numbers 2, 3 or 4 in the sibling line-up.  SO MUCH is going on here in our happy little home.  Sweet Pea (and Blossom #3 when she was little) never wants to miss a thing.  Maybe I should call it a power snack... or a way to sneak some more calories in to my Energizer baby.  Either way, my babies almost never refuse a little nursing right after naptime.  Besides, I like another excuse to sit down and cuddle with her.

I don't think I'll close my eyes though.  Who knows what the other Blossoms will think of next!