Friday, September 12, 2014

Welcome Autumn or Just Walk Already

I'm endeavoring not to stay a "jelly body."  I've met with some surprising resistance, resistance within my own ranks.  As if it's not enough to battle the traditional, I-know-I-need-to-exercise-but-there's-so-much-to-do or I-really-don't-have-the-energy, my own Blossoms have spouted some interesting remarks.  Blossom1 stated, "I would think that all the walking back and forth through the house would be enough exercise.  Besides, you ARE in shape." When I expressed that the fresh air would be beneficial for me as well, she returned with, "You can sit on your porch swing and watch us play."  Then, Blossom3 flat out told me, "You don't need exercise; let's just stay home."  She's the same child that finally had to be told on our brisk trot/walk to stop whining because this is not about her.  Mommy needs to get healthier, so stop being so selfish.  (Whining effectively silenced.)  Blossom2 chimed in that Mommy IS healthy.  In any case, Mommy is inwardly rejoicing as I've walked half an hour a day for FOUR days.  Don't be hatin' (as we used to say back in the day).  FOUR days in a row is miraculous.  Really.  I'll be the first to tell you these (un)surprising facts:

#1 - You really do have more energy after you exercise.  FOR REAL. 

#2 - Your outlook is better, probably because you have a chance to think two full thoughts in a row.

#3 - No, you will not have time to exercise.  Every day, without fail, there have been countless chores waiting for me.  And I needed to stay home and work, but I also needed to go take a walk.

Last night, the Rugged Mountain Man was home early so he watched the bigger girlies while Jake, Blossom4 and I ventured forth to walk a still faster rate to bring on the burn.  I was enjoying the autumn breezes and vivid wildflowers. 


(This picture was not staged and probably best represents why I chose walking - Blossom4 is strapped down and contained!)


May the adventures in a little exercise continue! 

What will I do when the weather turns cold?  I think we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.  For now, I'm determined to walk again today.