Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Breakfast Kits

It easy for a wife to let caring for her husband fall by the wayside.  After all, it isn't like all she does all day is eat bon-bons and watch soaps.  There's tons to do, and he can take care of himself, right?  Well, he may actually be able to take care of himself, but we wives are called to be our husband's helpmate.  The needs of children are all up in our faces every day and so our husbands just slide into a back seat, so to speak.  I've realized that I have to be purposeful about serving my husband so he isn't forgotten.  Loving my husband is such a good example for our children too! 

Sometimes I stand in the middle of the kitchen and say to myself, "What one thing can I do today that would bless the Rugged Mountain Man?"  (Yes, I look strange doing this.  I have that blank look on my face that says that I have a million things to do and I'm not sure what to tackle next AND I'm not sure what Blossom4 is doing at that moment!)

It's funny.  A husband might verbalize, "The garden really needs weeded."  To which a wife might respond, "I'm so busy.  I don't have time."  The irony is that she has time for playdates, Pinterest, facebook, chocolate and phone calls.  But she doesn't have time for the one little request he may have made recently.  I have to try REALLY hard to pay attention to those things he mentions, even though I have great excuses for being busy (FOUR to be exact!). 

Recently I was thinking that I needed a breakfast solution for the Rugged Mountain Man.  You see, we have lots of eggs here on this little Micro Farm,


so Mommy lays out Daddy's bowl and fork the night before and Daddy eats eggs every morning.  I get bored just thinking about eggs EVERY morning! 

Behold, BREAKFAST KITS!!!

 
I cooked up a variety of mix-ins - sweet peppers, hot peppers, onions, ham, sausage and cheese.  Then, I packaged them in snack size Ziploc bags so all the Rugged Mountain Man has to do is mix them in with his morning scramble!  I also cooked up a few breakfast sandwiches to change it up a bit.  It didn't take long at all and what a nice little way to bless my husband! 
 
What can you do today to bless your husband?