Friday, April 17, 2015

A Confession for Today

Sometimes there are seasons of needful things.  On a vacation a few years ago, the Lord helped me to write this daily confession for myself.  I'd been starting out the day with "stinkin' thinkin.'"  With that, the day would quickly go awry.  For a season, I read it and prayed it over myself daily, helping my mind to think the Truth of the Bible, rather than my own tired, emotional ups and more frequent downs.  Then, for a season, it wasn't needed.  It had done its work and whiled away its time glued to the inside of my journal.  This morning, as Blossom4 awoke *very* early, upset and easily set off by the slightest things, I sought the Lord, with many interruptions and a tired body, mind and heart.  And the Lord took me back here.  I barely made it past the first three points, but thank God for things that He resurfaces at just the right time to strengthen us.  I thought you might like to have a look at it.  Perhaps you will be encouraged as your mind thinks God's Truths.


Today


v  Today, Lord, I thank You that You are with me, so I am not afraid of evil.  (Psalm 23:4)

v  Today, I thank You that I shall not be in want of any good thing.  (Psalm 23:1, 34:9-10)

v  Today, I am strengthened by You.  (Ephesians 6:10)

v  Today, I receive mercy and grace for my time of need.  (Hebrews 4:16)

v  Today, I do not grow weary in well-doing.  (Galatians 6:9)

v  Today, I prosper and am healthy, just as it is in my soul.  (3 John 2)

v  Today, I do my husband good.  (Proverbs 31:12)

v  Today, I submit to my husband, as I do to the Lord.  (Ephesians 5:22)

v  Today, I discipline diligently and my children regard reproof and receive discipline. 

(Proverbs 15:5)

v  Today, I serve the Lord with my whole heart.  (Colossians 3:23-24)

v  Today, I love my husband, children and all others with Your love and I believe with Your faith. (1 John 4:7, Mark 11:22)

v  May Your will be done in me today.  Amen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friends,

You can access this file here for printing.

Have a wonderful day!