Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Tweaking

Sometimes I think that things just need a little tweaking.

As in, T-W-E-A-K-I-N-G.  (Did you get the "You've Got Mail" quote!)

I noticed that I would make a blanket correction toward the Blossoms.

"Girls, GET busy." 

Blossom2 just so happens to *usually* be the only one working.  And hence, she would be upset because she WAS doing what she was supposed to be.  I'd usually respond to her,

"Blossom2, I wasn't talking to you." 

I got to thinking, how is she supposed to know that?  I'd say, "Girls" because it's the quickest thing to get out.  (We all know that rattling off four Blossom names and hopefully not two additional dog names mixed in there, isn't quick.  Don't look strange at me.  If you have multiple kids and a menagerie of animals, you mix their names up too, I'm sure of it.) 

So, I'm tweaking.  Yes, T-W-E-A-K-I-N-G. 

Rattle off the right names (difficult for my frequently befuddled brain) and address the offenders.  I don't need to be creating resentment for children in trouble when they really aren't. 

What do you need to "tweak" in order to more accurately correct your children?