Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The School Room

Our new school room!!!!!

 
I love having a school room, because:
 
A: It's easier to teach handwriting, when chairs are specially fitted to the size of each student. (for real!)
 
B: I like having stuff up on the wall that relates to what we're studying.  The children find it inspiring AND helpful.
 
C: I like being able to leave things out, rather than packing things up to eat lunch.  Easier lunchtimes mean happier mommies.
 
D: Everyone has a space!  Oftentimes, after they've finished their schoolwork, I find them back at their desks, doing crafts and projects.  It's THEIR spot.
 
As you can see, this is actually the same school room as always, just with two new 4 ft x 4 ft white boards mounted on the walls and four new bulletin boards mounted on the walls.  The picture in my mind was different than how it turned out, but as that picture in my mind fades, I love the real life result more and more every day. 

 
It just goes to show you that a full makeover is not required to freshen things up and improve functionality. 
 
School has been going well and for that I am truly thankful.  Check out Rory, the 70+ pound lap puppy!  He was enjoying Blossom3's reading practice. 
 

Blossom1 and Blossom2 have been busy caring for our latest litter of bunnies, as well as cranking out the schoolwork.  Watching the bunny life process is SO neat!  (Their name choices for the bunnies have been especially fun this time around... candy names this time!  Reese's Pieces, Starburst, Snickers, etc...)


I'm really trying to communicate to the Blossoms that good attitudes and neat schoolwork will earn rewards.  That seems to be paying off, I'm happy to say.  God rewards quality work in real life (He's watching!) and that's one thing I want them to learn young.  You'd think we're Amish for how much I talk about teaching kids to work, but I'm not... just the daughter of a man raised on a dairy farm. 


And, here is Blossom4, in her sixth outfit of the day ~ complete with an "I love Daddy" shirt, on backwards!  She takes the quote of the week to heart:

"You were born an original; don't die a copy." 

 
Our pastor mentioned that quote in his sermon on Sunday and it stuck.  It's now taken over on the white board as quote of the week.  We are fearfully and wonderfully made!
 
Well, friends, I'm off to read with the Blossoms.  Keep the faith!