Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Availability, Even By The Pond

In the spirit of spring freedom, I was relishing our Tuesday afternoon piano lesson hour. 

 
Recently, I had been pondering and praying about how to regularly work with the girlies in their 4-H books.  4-H is no picnic and their educational books are an animal science course that oftentimes requires my supervision and assistance.  It was a time slot dilemma characteristic of those mama-burdens we carry.

 
Then, I believe a God-inspired idea came to me:
 
Work with each girlie as the other sister is having her piano lesson.  Then, switch! 


Simple, but genius, and it has worked well ever since.  Thank God He took care of that mama-burden.  Sometimes we carry burdens for far too long, simply because we don't ask for His help.

Now that spring is upon us, we spread out the picnic blanket and savor the time by the pond. 


In between a question here and there, I gazed out over this view and took a few deep breaths, so as to relish the fresh air, fabulous views and a time of quiet for my soul. 

 
I wasn't off-duty, but my soul still drank in the peace.  I'm learning to latch onto these moments, even amidst my daily duties, so that God can speak and move and work in me.  While being available to my children, I am still available to the Lord.
 

 
"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. 
My help comes from the Lord, maker of Heaven and Earth."