Monday, May 16, 2016

Blue Doors

I know I left you hangin' the other day.  I didn't mean to, but the weekend was the busiest of late.

 
The homeschool convention was very productive.  I researched and purchased all the Blossoms' curriculum for the 2016-2017 school year... all while walking approximately 15 miles (I think) over the convention floor in two days.
 
But before that, the Rugged Mountain Man was spending some quality time with his Dad on a fishing trip to the beloved cabin. 

 
I scurried to Lowe's so I could tackle a small DIY project while he was away.

 
I don't like being without him, but I love the advice that when you're husband is away, find something productive to do.  It should be noted that I also spend extra time with the Blossoms when the Rugged Mountain Man is away.  Their idea of quality time is creek time.  No surprise there.  Creek and paint.  That sounds like a good deal.
 
 
The new Mountain Lake blue doors have earned mixed reviews.  For my part, I love the color.  I'm just not sure I love the color with the shutters, as I was shooting for more of a navy blue.  Looking at the pictures, they really are representative of the vast variation of the shades of blue in many different lights. Sometimes it looks brilliant blue.  Sometimes the teal tones greet you first.  Other times the blue gives a darker impression.  It varies widely, but I think it's staying. 
Dominique