Wednesday, July 20, 2016

O Weary Mama

I glanced over at the verse of the day. 
 
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9 NASB

 
It reverberated through me. 
 
Strength is what I need for this particularly demanding week, a week chock full of meetings, 4-H details, sermon prep, vehicle trouble and research, decisions and everyday parenting. 
 
Then, I was confronted with this.
 

"You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus." 2 Timothy 2:1 NASB

 
Strength and courage. 
 
Strength for the days I am weary. 
 
Strength and courage to fight the battles I don't want to fight. 
 
Strength and courage to avoid the easy path this week. 

 
There is just some whining I'd rather simply ignore.  There are just some attitudes in my children that it is easier and quicker to just look away and think about something else. 
 
But God's strength and courage are for me!

 
O weary mama, stand in His strength and courage.


I reminded myself that God is my strength and my portion;
He's the nourishment and sustenance I need today. (from Psalm 73:26, Isaiah 12:2)

 
My God is never weary or tired! 
 
I stop.  I wait on Him. 
 
I soak in His strength,
gaining what I need to lift up my weary head and be useful to the Master today. 
(from Isaiah 40:28-31, 2 Timothy 2:21)
 
Wait and take His strength and courage for your weary self today,
Dominique
PS - All photos from a recent jaunt to a local state park.