Monday, October 22, 2012

The Last Straw

It was almost the end of the day.  Skipper (#3) asked for a spoonful of honey.  This once helped soothe her sore throat and now, periodically she will ask me for one, even when her throat does not hurt.  I think honey is Skipper's Comfort Food.  I happily oblige her, more or less.  Anyway, so I hand her the spoonful of honey.  In her little rosebud mouth it goes, so I return to what I was doing.  "What was it anyway?"  I can hardly remember, but I manage to find something to do.  After a few moments, she returned her spoon and I eventually went into the living room after her - armed with a wipe.  Just a spoonful of honey gets sticky-ness e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e. on Skipper.  I immediately fell back in horror and cried out in sheer almost loss of control.  There were honey drippings on the clean wash waiting to be folded.  I don't think I need to say more.  Long day.  Clean wash, no longer clean.  More work.  Overwhelmed mama. 

Moral of the Story: Fold your wash immediately. 
Moral #2: Watch your third child more closely.
Moral #3: Don't look, just fold.  (Maybe I won't notice...?)
Moral #4: Wipe the child sooner?
Moral #5: Just go to bed.  It's all better in the morning.