Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Stillness

"Tremble and do not sin.  Meditate on your bed and be still.  Selah."
Psalm 4:4

I was pondering this passage of scripture.  Surprisingly, it reminded me of naptime.  Our naptime rules are "Lay still and be quiet."  I've often thought that a regular naptime led to rest time and then served as the time frame in which to foster a child's devotional time with God.  However, the command to BE STILL was loud and clear as I read this passage of Scripture.  By teaching the Blossoms to "Lay still and be quiet," I'm teaching them a life lesson- a lesson that will serve them well.  Who would have thought that a regular nap and rest time would help children learn the discipline of being still, so they can better hear God's voice later on.  I still use this skill, as I love naptime for the "being still" part... the time for me to quiet down and listen too.