Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Circle of Chores - a part of life

Now that you're probably humming that obnoxious song from your childhood (The Circle of Life), I'll share another observation with you.  Scooter (#2) was normally responsible for putting away the hampers when Skeeter (#1) was finished sorting wash and Mommy was finished doing the wash.  She was also responsible for doing napkins and silverware at every meal.  However, it recently came to my attention that Skipper (#3) needed some more real chores. (Fake chores consist of shadowing Mommy and "helping.")  She needed to do some REAL helping now.  She could see through her fake chores and needed some good old-fashioned industry (which is what most kids need these days.  That, and a good spanking, but that's another post for another day.)  Anyway, Skipper graduated up to doing napkins and silverware and also, putting away the hampers in the mornings.  And, Mommy realized that meant more work for Mommy.  You see, I'd put in MUCH time in training Scooter (#2).  She always put the hampers away just right now.  She laid the napkins down just so and always gave each person the right size fork and the appropriate silverware for the appropriate meal.  Mommy is back to square one.  I'm training again.  I keep forgetting and then I wander through my room and I see the hampers put away in an unacceptable (SLOPPY) fashion.  Or, I sit down to steak and I only have a spoon.  :)  And, Mommy realizes that she has to persevere in training... again.  I know it's worth it.  I remind myself of all the great things that Scooter (#2) and Skeeter (#1) take care of.  Yes, I never sort the wash anymore.  I don't sweep the floor anymore.  I haven't fed a pet in ages.  Training is worth it, but boy, does it take work on my part.  I WILL PERSEVERE.  I hope you will too.