Friday, May 31, 2013

Life with Sweet Pea

It's very good having a new little Blossom in the house.  I'm forced to slow down and "smell the Blossoms," so to speak.  When you can only do things one-handed or with lots of foresight, it really makes you a lot pickier about what you choose to do.  And, I tend to notice little things when I slow down... I take time to kiss velvety cheeks, to squeeze Blossom shoulders and bend down to catch the ending of a newly-imagined Blossom story.  It's a tenderly sweet time, mixed in with lots of tiredness.  It's in that tired state that I find myself on auto-pilot.  And, I realize something, I better keep doing what I do from deep within my heart, or auto-pilot could be a really ugly thing.  If it's deep in my heart, I can keep doing what I do regardless of how I feel. I don't have to FEEL inspired about motherhood or serving my husband as I live the everyday life; the Word is deep in my heart driving me to love and serve another day, when I'd rather sleep in and eat chocolate.  So, yes I don't always FEEL the inspirations, but I KNOW obedience from a cheerful, willing heart will be blessed.