Thursday, May 23, 2013

Love this quote!!!!

I've been reading Pilgrim's Progress, by John Bunyan.  What a beautifully written masterpiece!  It's so doctrinally sound and thorough, that J. Hudson Taylor used it as a new converts' class curriculum out on the mission field.  But, don't think that it's a dry read!  It's cleverly written as the story of a man's journey to Heaven.  It's been about ten years since I read it, so the story seems fresh to me and I'm enjoying reading while nursing Sweet Pea.  So check out this quote.  Apollyon is trying to convince Christian to return to Apollyon's service.  This is Christian's inspiring response.

"To speak Truth, I like his Service, his Wages, his Servants, his Government, his Company, and Country, better than thine; and therefore leave off to persuade me further, I am his servant, and I will follow him."

PS - Pilgrim's Progress is a free ebook for Kindles and Kindle reading apps.